Saturday, February 26, 2011

2nd Day at Morning Walk


Although there was nothing much to motivate me for the morning walk on the 1st day yet i got up at 6am again today. Maybe the thought that after 10 minutes of getting up i wont regret leaving the cozy blanket gave me enough courage to leave my bed. When i switched on the light, my roommate said that we'll go after 10 minutes. I agreed because i knew it was hard for her to get out of the blanket. When i got ready with my shoes on, she was still in no mood to get up. I told her to sleep and that i'll go alone though secretly i wasn't sure whether i'll be able to go alone or not since it was very dark outside. For a moment i looked carefully at my soft mink blanket as if it was inviting me in....Gosh!!!! that is the biggest greed you can feel when you sacrifice your sleep....

I resisted my temptation....don't know why and don't know how...i moved out of the house and without a single thought started a brisk walk towards the garden. Purposely i left my earphones at home today. I was seeking for something different today....what??? I don't know.....Why??? I definitely knew.... When you do something in life there is a purpose behind it and which acts as motivation. My purpose of a good body shape was definitely not enough to get me going at 6 O Clock.... so i was going to discover new things today that would help me to jump out of my bed daily.

I could see just 2-3 people out on the roads which gave me a sudden fear about the safety. I quickly checked whether my mobile was safe inside my pocket....It was quietly lying in my warm pocket. It was too cold outside and people were wearing jackets and scarfs while i just had a stole on because i knew that after 1 round of the garden my body will be warm enough to sustain this cold. I walked towards the garden overtaking an old lady who was also going to the garden. As yesterday, there were a lot of people taking their morning walks, jogging, exercising in the garden. I did noticed a few of them yesterday but didn't paid attention but today i was observing them.

As i took my rounds, i observed a man in his mid thirties jogging on the tracks and jumping over a few obstacles here and there. I saw him yesterday but my only focus yesterday was on the rounds i was taking. I then observed 2 friends on 1 side of the garden who were there for exercise. 1 of them was teaching the other how to do push-ups and at an other corner i saw a man doing his "Aalom Vilom". There was also man in his late sixties or seventies who could hardly walk infact he dragged himself on the walking track. I felt sympathy for the man but at the same time i was really happy that a man with walking disability is active enough to walk. I was surprised whether these people were not there yesterday or was i walking with my eyes closed. I also decided that whatever happens i will never take myself to this stage in life and try to keep my body active as much as possible. At 6:30 sharp i saw an old couple walked inside the garden whom i definitely saw yesterday because they were such attention catcher not seekers. They came to 1 corner of the ground and 1 middle aged man joined them as if he was waiting for them. They greeted each other and the trio started its laughter club. Oh my God....they were not funny but really amusing. I noticed myself looking at them while taking my walk. I could see how they were laughing whole heartedly and doing something with their hands as if a step of Bharatnatyam. Whatever it was, it was truely eye catching. Occasionally, the old man who i guess was the leader of the trio clapped his hands and said "Very Good, Very Good, Very Good"......as i continued my walk i crossed that old man who was still dragging himself on the track. He was slow yet motivated, i easily overtook him and kept on my speed. With this speed i overtook a girl in pink jacket who i think felt offended on this and almost jogged to overtake me and succeeded. I kept up my speed and wasn't going to race around with her but after 1 round again i was able to overtake her. I guess my natural speed was more than her after that i noticed she tried a lot to overtake me but was too tired to do so. It gave me a sense of victory and after 1 round i saw that she left the garden....it was just like as if my enemy left the battle field....

I completed my 9 rounds very easily today observing each and everything around me. I was so full of energy that i decided to end my walk in even numbers and took the 10th round. I was full of positive attitude today and had so many constructive things to do in my mind which would give me self satisfaction. Moreover i loved observing people around me today which i generally did when i had nothing else to do. Though i was a bit tired for that but i was full of enthusiasm. After my 10th round, i walked out of the garden. It was bright enough by now and i had a rush of heat flowing in my body and my heart pounding with constant speedy walk.

I returned home happily today because i found my motivation to start my day apart from the Curvy body greed and that was far more important. I felt a lot of positive vibes during my walk, my mind was full of positive ideas and constructive things to do and those 25 minutes of my walk were exclusively for me to think about myself, ponder on my inner thoughts and learn new things by observing new people daily....

Tomorrow is a Sunday yet i will not take a break from my walk..... Cheers!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment