Saturday, February 26, 2011

My 1st Morning Walk......after 5 years


I happened to go for an evening walk at the society garden a day before and found it so refreshing that i immediately decided to be a Morning Walker.... though i knew that this impulse may not last long but still tried to take the risk.... I asked my roommate and she was all game for this deal....

Friday Morning "My First Morning Walk" day....I don't know what made me wake up at 6am, i hardly manage to get up for my college. Maybe a drive to do something new gave me the energy to get up so early. I woke my roommate and within 20 minutes we were out walking towards the Garden... I told her 4.5 rounds of the garden makes 1 Km....hence we decided to do 9 rounds i.e. 2 Kms daily....That was more than enough to keep our bodies in shape....

We had our earphones plugged in while we started taking our brisk walk. I had a thought in the back of my mind that we were doing something unique when we walked towards the garden but after reaching there i discovered that there are a lot others who follow this same schedule and are ardent daily walkers....Young and Old....Male and Female....everybody was present there as per scheduled time....

Me and My roommate, we hardly talked during this session. I don't know what was going on inside her mind but i was completely focussed on 9 ROUNDS.....I started counting my rounds and was very happy when i completed 1 and then 8 more to go.... I paid attention towards the Bhajans on the radio which usually i don't but i liked it at that time and didn't feel like switching to the MP3 player. I was trying to memorize the lyrics of the Bhajan i was listening to while i kept my counting 2 ROUNDS.....3 ROUNDS......finally 9 ROUNDS after almost 20 minutes....

I looked at my watch and told my roommate about the good work that we maintained our speed through out and achieved our desired target and was very happy to go home... feeling all refreshed after this extraordinary start....extraordinary for me ofcourse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment